Luovi in Brief
Luovi Vocational College is the largest provider of special needs vocational education and training, VET, in Finland. Luovi operates nationwide and we have over 20 locations all over Finland. We believe that each individual is special and deserves equal rights and opportunities in society.
Luovi Fact Sheet
- Current student number globally enrolled in the field of VET is around 2000
- The total number of staff is 800, since students need a lot of support and we provide student welfare services too.
- Some of the students have a personal assistant.
- Luovi ’s turnover is 60 Million Euro (2021)
- Associated member of Education Finland
The best place in the world of diverse people and competence
We promote employment and good life of our students through innovation and collaboration. We have highly trained and motivated staff and on-going staff development is important part of our activities.
Our vision is to be the best place in the world of diverse people and competence. Our values are creativity, innovation, competence, caring and joy.
Luovi offers vocational special needs education and training (VET) on upper secondary level for young people and adults:
- vocational qualifications in six fields of study
- preparatory training TUVA to enter upper secondary training
- TELMA training for work and independent living and
- continuing VET for adults who need support in their studies to update and develop vocational competences
Learning takes place in collaboration with world of work and in real working places. Every student has a personal study plan, which is monitored in a multi professional team.
Luovi provides expert services to mainstream VET and other partners. These activities include training, consultation and supervision of work as well as research and teaching materials. The need for special support is taken into account in teaching materials e.g. using clear language and images supporting the text.
Expert services are tailor made and designed together with the client. The length of the services vary from one day training to long lasting consultation.